Chris Westergaard TEFL teaching videos. These lessons were all demonstrated on new Czech practice students of The Language House TEFL Prague course. Two are examples of lexis lessons and one is a grammar lesson. Enjoy!
I've got a new demonstration video with a group of A1 (beginner) students. This was obviously shot in Prague where I'm located. The focus of the lesson is 'Seasons' and the various different activities you can do during different seasons. Just an FYI to readers, this was a brand new class. I had never met them before and it was their first time in the classroom together. In these situations, you are really starting from scratch with your training and techniques. You'll see this in the video that things start off a bit slow and there are some bumpy sections. I had to constantly control for L1 and use a lot of behavioural techniques to get them to do what I wanted. Check out the video below. I've included a bunch of tips regarding beginner methodology in the video. I really do love this level because it requires absolutely pure teaching techniques. Take a look! Let me know your thoughts!
Good lessons man, thanks! I teach this way too, and you are very communicative and energetic, it was a good watch! Also it has inspired me to make some laminated cards with gradable and ungradable adjectives, i usually just do a list on the board but reckon the cards are a great material and way to improve acquisition, thanks Chris. Also I'd like to go to Czech to teach soon, any vacancies at your school? Diky moc, James (djsadia@hotmail.com)
ReplyDeleteThere's none at the moment, but schools are generally hiring year round.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
Chris